How many miles on a full tank?

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by The General, Aug 27, 2007.

1. The General

The General Member

Erm can everyone just state here roughly how many miles they do on a full tank as I filled up my typhoon the other day and i've only done about 10 miles max and its about 1 notch before empty.

Confusing.

2. skatergod

skatergod New Member

pmsl wtf.... 10 miles... thats funny... i get at least 70 miles of a full tank...

3. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    about 65 miles

4. Jamie

Jamie Active Member

Rides:
    xt660x, 200sx s14a
    about 80-100, but that going really low, i usually do about 70-75 before i fill up.

oh and thats on a runner btw.

5. The General

The General Member

wth :rtfm:

maybe its my guage thats broken or something? dont see how so much petrol could be being used when the only current mod is the washer out of the variator

im a bit worried aswell as soon im upjetting when i add my parts which uses even more fuel right? im gonna be doing like 2miles on a full tank?!

6. Jamie

Jamie Active Member

Rides:
    xt660x, 200sx s14a
    is it leaking atall mate?

7. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    fill it, wait for the guage to go down, fill it again and see how much fuel its used

8. The General

The General Member

Would oil contribute to the 'fuel' guage if its running low but the oil alert light isn't on?

Nope its not leaking mate, I really cant understand the problem the bikes quite new aswell

9. monty9120

monty9120 Active Member

Rides:
    Vespa gts300
    160 miles or 261kms to £9

10. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    nope, oil isnt an issue
    guage is dodgy or secondry tank isnt functioning right.

11. Vap0ur

Vap0ur New Member

yeh im doing about 110 miles on £9.....

12. Goodship1002

Goodship1002 New Member

usually get 70-80 to a full tank, but again can get 100 if i go slow... thats on my 2 stroke runner 125... 12 litre tank.

13. Major Rel14b1lty

Major Rel14b1lty New Member

go petrol station, fill ur bike to full, and a coke bottle, write down ur mileage. ride the bike till it runs out of full, write down mileage, fill up with coke bottle under ur seat and go fill up there work out wot its doing

14. The General

The General Member

Ok thanks for the help

If it does really low amount of miles say around 10-20 whats the best thing I should do, just take it to a bike shop or something?

15. Major Rel14b1lty

Major Rel14b1lty New Member

not sure, check for leaks, best bet is when its raining see if u can see all the rainbows on the ground from wer your bike has been parked.

mine been drinking fuel like sherly in the queen vic. Dont no whats going on. Need to look into it;

16. The General

The General Member

I havent even upjetted yet either so i dread to think what its going to be like when I have :rtfm:

17. jacksp

jacksp New Member

mate you cant say that, there is obviously a fault with the guage or a BAD leak!

do what wobbly said, and ride it until it "says" empty and see if it takes the 9 or so pounds for a full tank.

if it dont, then obviously the guage is fooked ;)

on my dt125 i get 110 miles until it goes onto reserve. about 9 pounds i think.
    dont know how long my reserve lasts, i dont fancy testing that :w00t:

18. monty9120

monty9120 Active Member

Rides:
    Vespa gts300
    a typhoon 50 has a tiny tank on holiday mine took about 4 litres or something stupid :w00t:

19. The General

The General Member

Would pouring water over where my bike has been parked have the same effect as the rain and petrol on floor (dumb q?)

20. Jamie

Jamie Active Member

Rides:
    xt660x, 200sx s14a
    no because it could be flowing anyway, it could be at the bottom of the tank and be going down the frame to the front of the bike, after its been parked up overnight and have a look under neath for any petrol stains/puddles