runner 172 project

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by billy #86, Feb 20, 2009.

1. billy #86

billy #86 New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    just got ryans runner delivered tonight ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

not sure what im doing withit yet but i was only going to paint inners but now im going for a full respray as theres a few scratches. i need one colour to be red but im not sure what other colour to do yet, any one wanna do me a few photoshops? :D

will have a quick ride onit tomorrow then im gunna strip it and sort the plastics and sort everything im gunna do onit

cheers

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

took a couple of pics in the light today before i started stipping it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

then strarted the strip :D

an ended up with this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and panels ready to go for paint ;) :D

[​IMG]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

got a couple of bits back from painters today ;)

i know most of you will hate me for painting the pm bracket but i cant be botherd polishing it all the time and i didnt like the gold :D

[​IMG]

put the foot boards;)

[​IMG]

and put a few bits on my bars

[​IMG]

also got my quad today

[​IMG]

any one got any idea how to wire it as theres 4 wires on the loom and 8 on the light? 2 wires on the light into one on the loom by any chance?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

cheers

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

put the engine in and a few more panels today

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

got my nrg wheels today, stuck the back one on and its goes in fine except for hitting the rear caliper so im going to look for a thinner caliper that will still work on my engine, or i may have to find somewhere that can machine it down so it fits under the wheel

wheel on
    [​IMG]

where its hitting off the caliper
    [​IMG]

pipe goes on fine aswell
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and i took the caliper off and its all fine so i need to sort the caliper out
    [​IMG]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nowt wrong with the wheel nibbs its just the paint chips off putting tyre on

was bored again lol so decided to have a go at grinding the caliper a little and bit of the wheel, if it went wrong id only lost a wheel and a caliper afterall

anyway did abit on the caliper then shaped some littel cuts into the wheel and it finally sits over the caliper nicely ;) i know the wheel wont be as strong as it used to be but i havnt taken that much off and the bike wont get ridden hard everyday anyway so it should be ok , if not ill just put runner wheel back on

[​IMG]

i need to clean up the grinds on the wheel and cal then there both going down to be painted with the front wheel tomorrow

took the wheels to be painted an picked up a few more bits today
    :D
    [​IMG]

decided to put a few panels on and see what it looked like:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

just made a metal manifold, still need to weld it but this is how itll st once finished ;)

[​IMG]

finally got a little update

just picked up a few more bits, still waiting on forks and a vent panel which should be done on monday

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

update inabit as ill be putting them on :D

got everything on ive got, once its built it goin to my uncles shop for him to test it and sort the indicators as when they go on the sidelight comes on :w00t: and im shit with electrics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

got my bits back today so built the bike up, still need to sort the indicators, a new rear caliper and get it tested which should all happen this weekend:)

rim tape or not????

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pulled it out the garage today for a few pics and a vid :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jamie

Jamie Active Member

Rides:
    xt660x, 200sx s14a
    bung it all on a 125 frame for starters....

3. billy #86

billy #86 New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    why'd ya think i bought it

4. Daniel172

Daniel172 Member

why you choosing red again?? from what i've seen you've done a couple in red already :w00t: ???

5. billy #86

billy #86 New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    already bought a few red bits so im stuck with it now lol and it matches my helmet :w00t:

6. Daniel172

Daniel172 Member

fair enough mate lol :w00t: All the best for the up n coming project i'm sure ur'll do a fine job (as ur other bikes) ;)

7. DYS VTR

DYS VTR New Member

Rides:
    skanky cRaKwhoR3s
    il buy the rear shock as its not gonna match when its painted :pimp:

8. nibbles

nibbles Active Member

strip the whole lot m8 every single part n clean paint sand what ever till its basicly a new bike. better to make sure every things how you want it . O AND PLEASE DO THIS ONE UP N KEEP IT lololol

sure it'll be very nice .nibs.

Isaac Lightfoot likes this.
  9. billy #86

billy #86 New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    keepin the shock mate as im either gunna get it anodized or painted,

im stripping most of the bike when i have a chance and get some things sorted, and nibs i was supposed to keep all my bikes ive done but i get bored and sell lool

im also after a set of vx forks if anyones no's of a cheap set as im skinttttt

10. nibbles

nibbles Active Member

hahahah same old story me 2 m8 im like no mum im definitely keeping this one i swear .week later itsin for sale section lololol very interested in this custtttttom lol pwetty pwzzzzzz .

11. INO

INO Member

you should have ya shock like this...
    [​IMG]

12. billy #86

billy #86 New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    thats whats happening with the shock mate;)

13. billy #86

billy #86 New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    took a couple of pics in the light today before i started stipping it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

then strarted the strip :D

an ended up with this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and panels ready to go for paint ;) :D

[​IMG]

14. Speedy 172

Speedy 172 Active Member

fuck me
    you only ot it last night hahahahahaha

15. billy #86

billy #86 New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    this morning actually lol :w00t: it got here about 12.20am lool

16. TIddLY_TyPH

TIddLY_TyPH New Member

looking good mate! :punk:

17. Dec

Dec Active Member

Rides:
    nothing ugm
    any other runner project ill ignore, but this one keeps me glued :nerd:

18. billy #86

billy #86 New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    got a couple of bits back from painters today ;)

i know most of you will hate me for painting the pm bracket but i cant be botherd polishing it all the time and i didnt like the gold :D

[​IMG]

put the foot boards;)

[​IMG]

and put a few bits on my bars

[​IMG]

also got my quad today

[​IMG]

any one got any idea how to wire it as theres 4 wires on the loom and 8 on the light? 2 wires on the light into one on the loom by any chance?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

cheers

19. nibbles

nibbles Active Member

YOU DRIVE ME INSANE lol u progress in projects so fast its shocking .very noice paint m8 lookin gr8 already. are you putting a funky black on it like a chrome met or sprakly hoping so coz itd pull that red off roight noicly. maybe a shimmer of red in the black . wen ya see ya unlce give him a high 5 from me hahahah

top notch nibbles

20. billy_sr

billy_sr New Member

each headlight till have negative, and they will al connect to the black wire, as for the rest, fuck knows loool!